It seems that our world is upside right now. We are all trying to stay safe and healthy while searching for a cure to Covid-19. Researchers are looking at all types of possibilities for an antidote to this virus and according to this article, Lice Treatment medication, Ivermectin, shows promise as a treatment for COVID-19, a virus which has no approved treatments yet.
In lice clinics it was discovered that the same medicine used to treat head lice might be able to target the virus in a similar way that it does parasites. This medicine originally used for head lice will be tested soon as a potential treatment of COVID-19.
This does not mean you should begin using the drug to self medicate. The FDA has strongly recommended against using it in this fashion! Nit Wits does not advocate the use of head lice treatment for COVID-19 until there is further researched.
Even though we can’t fully treat COVID-19 just yet, there are still several treatments and DIY kits that NitWits has to offer. Our lice treatment clinic is happy to relieve your stress and walk you through the process of treating lice. We are now open 7 days a week, 10-5 pm-appointment only! We are only seeing patients one by one with 30 minute intervals. Call today for safe and effective lice treatment.
Lice Treatment During Covid-19
At NitWits, our trained professionals follow the CDC guidelines and other CDC personal hygiene guidelines to keep everyone healthy and safe. Our mission is to stay healthy and safe while helping to prevent the spread of lice.
Additional Safety Measures NitWits Takes:
- Employees who feel unwell or who manifest symptoms must stay home.
- All clinic hard surfaces are to be thoroughly cleaned and sanitized (disinfected) between each client visit per CDC guidelines.
- All soft-surface items with potential client contact (towels, capes) are to be washed in hot water and dried on highest heat setting per CDC guidelines.
- All trash related to cleaning and disinfecting should go into dedicated, lined garbage containers.
- Employees are to wash hands thoroughly after each client visit, per CDC guidelines. Employees are to follow other CDC personal care guidelines to reduce risk of germ transmission, including sneezing.
If you have any questions or concerns please contact our lice treatment center:
9302 NEW LAGRANGE ROAD
LOUISVILLE, KY 40242